Eggless Crème Brûlée
- 3/4 cup – Granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup – Corn starch
- Pinch of salt
- A pinch of turmeric (mainly for color; optional)
- 400 ml – Full fat milk (or coconut milk)
- 4 tsp -Vanilla extract
- 2 tsp – Lemon squeeze
- 1/4 cup – Butter (or choice of vegan butter)
- Mix sugar, cornstarch, salt and turmeric into a saucepan. Keep the heat off.
- Add milk, vanilla extract and lemon juice and start stirring with a whisk
- On low heat, keep stirring bring the mix to a boil. Keep stirring constantly till you reach a thick consistency (Check video at the bottom). Never stop stirring!
- Add in the butter and keep stirring till its melted
- Pour the mix into 4 ramekins
- Let it cool. Refrigerate so they can cool down all the way
- After about 1 hour, sprinkle a layer of cane sugar on top.
- Next, we have to caramelize the sugar. You can use a blow torch but if you don’t own one like me, use the broil mode in the oven.
- Once the oven is heated up on broil mode, keep the ramekins on a rack close to the coil.
- Keep an eye on them for the next few minutes. Remove the ramekins once the sugar has caramelized.
- Let them sit for 10 to 15 minutes or until a solid crust is formed on top
- Serve with fruits on top. Strawberries go really great with them!
If you try out our recipe, let us know how it turns out! You can tag us @sugarspicen_everythingnice on Instagram.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?