Easy Vegan Pecan Brownies
Vegan Pecan Brownie — served with Vanilla Ice-cream on top!
This is a quick recipe if you have 4 or 5 friends coming over for dinner or if you are in a mood to gulp down soft gooey vegan brownies with a nice blob of vanilla ice-cream and call it a night. I would not advise keeping it refrigerated for more than 2 days as it loses its texture. It still tastes good after that though, I know it since I am just finishing off the last sliver of it now, 3 days after I made it.
I picked pecan since I like the brittle bite it gives unlike other nuts such as cashews or almonds which are more chewy. But if you feel like going nuts and trying different nuts, please do! Let me know which one turns out to be your favorite.
Vegan Pecan Brownies
- 2 cups All purpose flour 1 cup water1 cup olive oil or any oil of your choice1 tsp Pure Vanilla extract (can use artificial as well, but Pure tastes much better!)
- 2 cups Powdered sugar
- 3/4th cup Unsweetened coca powder
- 1 cup Pecan (whole or crumbled)
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Olive oil or any oil of your choice
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract (artificial extract doesn't taste as great)
- Heat oven to 350 F
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder & salt
- Pour in water, oil & vanilla extract in the dry mix
- Give everything a good whack until mixed smoothly and then add them pecans. To get an idea about the texture please see the photo and video below
- Pour and spread evenly into a baking pan that is lined with parchment paper
- If you like, you can add few more pecans on the top just for the look of it!
- Bake for 25 to 30 mins in the preheated oven until the top is no-longer shiny
- Stick a skewer in the middle to see if its cooked. If it comes out clean, then its ready to get out.
- If not, bake for few more minutes and stick a skewer in it again!
- Once cooked, let it cool down for around 10 minutes in the pan itself
If you give this recipe a try, let us know how it turned out in our comments below and leave us a rating! Also, snap a photo and share it on Instagram. Make sure to tag @sugarspice.2020 so I can see your creations!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?