Easy Churro Bites with Chocolate Dip
- 1 ½ cup – Water
- ½ tsp – Salt
- 1 tbsp – Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp – Vegetable Oil + LOTS more for frying the churros
- 1 ½ cup – All purpose flour
- 1 tsp – Baking Powder
- ¼ cup – Milk
- 1 tbsp – Cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup – Dark chocolate chips
- 2 tiles – Baker’s chocolate
Directions for Churro Bites
- Add water, salt, sugar and oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then remove from heat.
- Add the flour and baking powder.
- Mix well until reaching the consistency shown in the video
**NOTE : Make sure to mix the dough well until all the water is absorbed or else there is a chance of oil explosions when frying. Happened to me!**
- Next, heat 2-4 inches of oil a pot over medium-high heat. Add enough oil to cover at least 3/4th of the churro bites.
- As the oil heats up, make 1 inch balls from the churro dough and keep them ready.
- The oil should reach 375 F to be ready for cooking. If you dont have a thermometer to check this, take a pinch of the dough, drop in the oil and see if it starts to float and fry. When it does, the oil is ready.
- Carefully slide the churros into the oil and let them fry, turning them in between till they are golden brown and crispy as seen in the video. Move them to a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- Roll the churro bites in sugar and then dunk them in the chocolate dip. Then roll them again in your choice of toppings like sprinkles, pecans or sweetened shredded coconut .
- Serve hot!
Directions for Chocolate Dip
- In a sauce pan, heat milk on low heat
- Add cocoa powder, dark chocolate chips and Baker’s chocolate and keep stirring till you get a thick dipping syrup.
PIN the image below to ” No Bake Desserts” Board to check it out later :
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?