Chewy Coconut Macaroons
Outer crispy layer and inside filled with chewy sweet coconut. The light touch of dark chocolate just makes it all the more better…..and as always, egg-less and can be easily made vegan.
Chewy Coconut Macaroon
- 1 cup Sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp All purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Vegan Milk Or regular milk
- 1 tbsp Honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp Natural Vanilla Extract
- 3-4 bricks Dark baking chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Stir all the ingredients together
- Heat on a stove top on low heat until thick enough to scoop out. You can alternatively heat it up in a microwave for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Use a table spoon size measuring cup to scoop out the mix on to a baking tray lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil. The aim is to get a dome shape
- Bake on the center rack for 15 minutes.
- As the baking happens, you should get started on the dark chocolate dip. For this, melt the chocolate in the microwave at 30 second increments or heat it over a water bath on a stove
- Once the baking is done, let the macaroons cool completely before removing them off the tray
- Dip the flat part of the macaroons in the melted chocolate, allowing it to rise up on the edges slightly like salting the rim of a margarita glass.
- Keep in the freezer for about 5 mins to help the chocolate set around the macaroons.
- Once it looks like its set , pull them out. You can store them at room temperature for several days.
If you give this recipe a try, let us know how it turned out in our comments below and leave us a rating! Also, snap a photo and share it on Instagram. Make sure to tag @sugarspice.2020 so I can see your creations!
Hi! Akshita & Midhun here! Welcome to our blog where we show simple yet awesome recipes for your cravings. Akshita being allergic to egg, we are committed to providing egg-free recipes along with some vegan friendly options. Read more about us here!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?